* Please report issues
* Thank you for using the Amazon click through
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (541) 203-0666.
THIS DAY IN HISTORY – December 5
* 1492 – Christopher Columbus becomes the first European to set foot on the island of Hispaniola (now Haiti and the Dominican Republic)
* 1933 – Prohibition ends
* 1945 – Aircraft squadron lost in the Bermuda Triangle
* 1969 – First 4 ARPANET nodes are brought
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
* Amazon testing drones …as is UPS
* Texas approves real text books
* Male and female brains mapped
* GM maize rat tumour paper retracted
* 13% of Finns are HIV resistant
* New HIV strain found
* Anti-vax group forced to change name
* Male contraceptive method found, may be on the market in 10 years
POLITICS AND RELIGION
* Blasphemy decriminalized in The Netherlands
* Woman fined for not circumcising her son
* “Rape away the gay” pastor’s sentence suspended
* Methodist pastor forced to denounce his children or lose his job with audio
* ACLU sues the US Conference of Catholic Bishops over hospital directives
This episode is brought to you by:
Platinum Sponsor – US$10.00 per month
* Robert Ray, Humanists of the North Puget Sound
* Virginia Dawn
* Russ from the Kitsap Atheists & Agnostics
* Renee Davis-Pelt
Gold Sponsor – US$5.00 per month
* Audible.com – get your free audio book at audibletrial.com/atheistnomads.
* Archway Hosting provides full featured web hosting for a fraction of the cost of traditional shared hosting. You get all the benefits of shared hosting, without the sticker shock or extra fees. Check them out at archwayhosting.com.
* This vs. That – A new six part series available for download made just for geeky skeptics like you! Use offer code “nomads” at checkout for 25% off your purchase at thisvsthatshow.com.
Theme music is provided by Sturdy Fred.
Recorded for release on 2013-12-05