Recorded on 08/25/12 for release on 08/30/12
After issuing a correction, covering this day in history and the latest in science and politics, we talk with Dr. Robert M. Price about the historicity of Jesus, the Q gospel, the future of Christianity, and BBQ.
Kristi – with correction on genetic resistance to HIV
06:08 THIS DAY IN HISTORY – August 30
- 30 BCE – Cleopatra commits suicide
- 1918 CE – Vladimir Lenin shot
- 1967 – Thurgood Marshall confirmed as Supreme Court justice
- 1980 – Christopher Cross has his first of two #1 hits with “Sailing”
- A bonobo makes stone tools
- The origin of the Indo-European language group
- The Texas West-Nile outbreak
- Akin, Romney, rape, and abortion – article 1, article 2
- Obama and Romney on faith (Via Friendly Atheist)
Dr. Robert M. Price, PhD is Professor of Biblical Criticism at the Center for Inquiry Institute as well as the editor of The Journal of Higher Criticism. His books include Beyond Born Again, The Widow Traditions in Luke-Acts: A Feminist-Critical Scrutiny, Deconstructing Jesus, and The Incredible Shrinking Son of Man. Forthcoming titles are The Crisis of Biblical Authority, Jesus Christ Superstar: A Redactional Study of a Modern Gospel, The Da Vinci Controversy and The Amazing Colossal Apostle. He is also host of the Human Bible and the Bible Geek.
Theme music is provided by Sturdy Fred.