Recorded September 22 for release on September 27
0:12:38 THIS DAY IN HISTORY – SEPTEMBER 27TH
- 1540 – Jesuit order established
- 1938 – Franklin Roosevelt appeals to Hitler for peace
- 1938 – Poland Surrenders
- 1940 – The Tripartite Pact is signed by Germany, Italy, and Japan
- 1959 – Khrushchev ends trip to the United States
- Users: Apple iOS 6 maps are a mess
- SpaceX is headed back to the ISS
- Curiosity Update
- Autonomous Exploration for Gathering Increased Science (AEGIS)
- The evolution of gliding
- Chase Community Giving results – Secular Student Alliance $50,000, Foundation Beyond Belief $20,000, and Camp Quest $20,000
0:52:01 MUSIC – The Existential Blues by Arthur Thomas Heist (Used by permission)
0:54:23 FEATURE – Interview with JT Eberhard
JT Eberhard blogs at What Would JT Do on Patheos and also contributes to AtheismResource.com. He is a co-founder of Skepticon, lead in the organizing of Skepticon 1, 2, and 3, and served as the Secular Student Alliance’s High School Specialist for a year and a half. Now JT is a full time writer and public speaker.
Aside from discussing his activism and writing, we discussed many topics of geeky interest.
Also joining us briefly was JT’s roommate Cambrige.
2:00:10 Poor Unfortunate Souls as performed by JT Eberhard in his operatic karaoke style. (Used by permission)
Theme music is provided by Sturdy Fred.